Housing Development Alliance

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

 

Awake O Blogger, arise from the dead

The HDA blog is finally back! I, John, will once again be updating you on the latest news with the Alliance. Glancing through the volunteer groups scheduled to serve the Hazard area, I recognize a few names from last summer. We can't wait to see you again!

Well, where to start? I guess with the basics. Jane Rose is our new Volunteer Coordinator, and she has been busy planning the volunteers for the next few months. She has high goals for the summer, including a week in June where we will be juggling 75 volunteers at the same time! Phew. She's had a fun time working with HDA and is ready for more.

I have completed my junior year in college and have just celebrated my 21st birthday (woooo!). Although I enjoyed my studies immensely, I am so ready to substitute the daily grind of writing papers and taking exams for meeting new people and helping the community. In addition to being Janie's assistant, I am also being used for my social networking skills. I would not say I'm tech-savvy, but I know my way around Facebook--which is just what the Alliance wants. For those of you who follow us on Facebook (which should be ALL of you), I am the cause for the flood of information on your newsfeed. Sorry. My bad. We're just excited for the events to come and to share our accomplishments with everyone else with the hope of inspiring others to help volunteer with us later. If you haven't "liked" us on Facebook yet, you really should.

Next week, First Presbyterian from Virginia will be visiting. They will be my first group in a whole year! Hopefully, I can quickly get back into the swing of things. Until then, I have nothing else to report. Have a good summer everyone!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2008   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   April 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   August 2011   September 2011   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]