Housing Development Alliance

Thursday, August 6, 2009

 

"I'm driving the struggle bus today."

That hilarious, and extremely odd, statement was made by a disgruntled volunteer who was having a tough time driving a nail into a 2x4. I laughed, but something tells me that perhaps it wasn't the best encouragement. Anyway, the entire Monticello group was able to work together on the same site: Defiance. It was interesting to see how all these various people, with extremely different personalites, were able to construct so effectively. You really should have seen these guys. In the morning, only the foundations were set. By noon, all the exterior walls, and most interior, were already up. By the time I left, a truck load of trusses was arriving. For all I know, they could be installing the cable television as I speak. Not really. But really.

Although it was a really foggy day, we all lucked out. Today, there was a 40% chance of rain, and the slight majority prevailed. If all goes according to plan, the whole group will be nailing the shingles on the roof by the end of tomorrow. Either way, Monticello has had a great week, and I'm sure they will have a memorable last day.

And I just have to say, some of these guys (and girls, if I MUST be politically correct) were wearing some great bright colored t-shirts that contrasted perfectly with the gloomy grey sky. I wanted to take a picture of the full rainbow spectrum of their t-shirts: Red to pink to yellow to green to darker green to blue--but they were just too darn busy. But I think it would've been cool. Real cool.
-John (a.k.a. "New Boy" a.k.a. "Butters" a.k.a. "Stop-Calling-Me-Nicknames")

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2008   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   April 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   August 2011   September 2011   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]