Housing Development Alliance

Monday, August 3, 2009

 

big changes.

Sorry it's been so long without an update everyone. I was on vacation at Lake George, New York for the past week.

So, first thing's first. Kelly Sizemore no longer works with the Housing Development Alliance. She was recently offered a great opportunity in her home state of Indiana, and she accepted. Let me tell you, it was a strange feeling coming back to work without my boss there to update me on what the heck's going on. It's only been a few days, but everyone already misses Kelly. She was a great asset to our organization, but the show must go on.

So, here's what's happened in the past week and a half:

The Pullen Memorial Baptist Church finished working on the Wells' and Maggard' households, and ended their week by repairing an apartment in the Jardigan complex. I was only able to spend a few days with their group, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent with them. They are all loving, caring people, and I hope they visit Hazard again.


Unfortunately, I was not able to meet the next group from Aspen Hill Christian Church, who tore off and rebuilt G. Williams' roof . It was a hot week, so the group had to constantly cool themselves down--as is evident by the photo. Once they finished the roof, the group went on to clean Jardigan Place,
Eversole Elementary, and the Hazard Pavillion. Kelly and Charlotte took quite a few photos of the group, and I can tell that they all had a lot of fun. Not only that, but they accomplished A LOT. With the start of the new school season just around the corner, it'll be great to have all these "hang out" spots ready to go.
Anyway, that's all for now. Sorry I skimmed over so much, but I feel a shorter blog is more bearable than a longer one. And once again, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. This is John Rasche. Over-and-out.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2008   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   April 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   August 2011   September 2011   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]