Housing Development Alliance

Thursday, July 16, 2009

 

a storm's a-brewin'

You see those dark clouds out there? Well, no, I guess you can't. But believe me, there are some pretty threatening clouds "out yonder." Hopefully, the groups finish up their projects before they get rained out.
Today, I drove by Maggard's home near Vicco, and helped some of the Old Union Christian Church volunteers paint the outside of her trailer. I missed their first few days, but was glad to see that everyone was having a good time. Even a vicious, and completely uncalled-for, wasp bite couldn't ruin their fun.
As you can see, Maggard lives in a very wooded area. She wanted her trailer painted in natural, organic looking colors so as to blend into the scenery.
The rest of the group was fixing up a new room that has been added to Maggard's home. I didn't spend too much time in there with them, so to be perfectly honest, I'm not quite sure what the were doing. But as you can see, there were wires and switches and drills and it looks like serious business, if you ask me. (don't ask me).
Unfortunately, Old Union will not be able to paint the last coat for the trailer, but they sure have done a lot of work for it. They're going back home to Lexington TONIGHT, so let's hope bad weather doesn't follow them all the way back.
I actually have to go take their group photo right now, so I's best be leavin'. Talk to you later, people of the web.
-John.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2008   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   April 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   August 2011   September 2011   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]