Housing Development Alliance

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

 

Sorry folks, this is gonna be a long one.

Geez, I have a lot of catching up to do. The past week has been so busy, I haven't had much time to post. Well I do now! So sit back and enjoy. I know you all love reading these so much.

Faith CRC had worksites all over the place. The group working in Defiance underwent the most grueling work, I think. Most of the week they were picking and shoveling and lifting dirt. It was tough, let me tell you. The even guilted me into helping them. Can you believe that? Most of the office couldn't believe their ears when they heard that "New Boy" picked up a mattock. For the record, people, I do work. I'm just more of the...behind-the-scenes kinda guy.

Another group helped rebuild Greene's shed. It was really fun to watch, and I even made a few sorry attempts at helping. By the time we had completed the project, Steve (their goofy carpenter---who claims that his nickname is "Big Daddy"), realized that the group had enough leftover materials to put shelves in the shed. So they did it, and they looked great. But then...(duh-duh-duuuuh)...the homeowner wasn't able to fit in her weight set. So the shelves had to come down. Sorry guys.

Oh! And we can't forget about Angie from Michigan!

Every time I came up to check on things, she was always hard at work. Wearing safety goggles and ear plugs like a pro.

Now, it's First Presbyterian Church (from Normal, IL) and South Elkhorn Church's time to help our community. I visited one of the 1st Pres groups working on a home for Slusher. When they first got to the site, there was nothing but a flat floor overlooking the valley below. In a few days, they've managed to put up both the interior and exterior walls. Things are coming along just fine.


Anyway, I've got to skiddaddle. I'll post more updates on the other groups later. Adios!





Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2008   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   April 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   August 2011   September 2011   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]