Housing Development Alliance

Monday, June 22, 2009

 

blogging: a new frontier.

Hi Everyone! My name is John Rasche and I'm working as Kelly's volunteer assistant for the summer. And I love my job. I love interacting with all the different volunteers, carpenters, and homeowners. I feel like I'm paying to socialize with nice people, and I can't think of a better way to spend the summer. Well, except touring with my favorite band. No such luck. Sai la vie.

Wow, I still can't believe that we have an HDA blog! I always thought that blogs were for angsty teenagers and unsuccessful journalists, but I never once considered it a medium for an organization. It's really kinda neat. Of course, I say that before the blog actually begins to take off. Let's see how I feel about it weeks from now, when I have more posting responsibilities. But in either case, I hope our efforts with this blog will be productive in catching the attention of past volunteers and newcomers alike.

I have truly enjoyed working with my first few volunteer groups: Central Presbyterian from LaFayette, Central Christian from Lexington, Second Presbyterian from Little Rock, and St. Bartholomew from Cincinnatti. I'm still learning the ropes of my job, but luckily, each group has been patient with me. Especially the groups from last week, who continually faced changes in their schedule due to the nasty weather. I remember, one day it was raining so heavily that I could barely see the lines in the road. It didn't help that my company vehicle is a shoddy GM van built in 1925. But enough about my car complaints.

For those of you who have previously worked with the Housing Development Alliance, I hope that this blog will help rejuvenate your interest in our cause. For those who have stumbled across our blog by fate (or internet searches), I hope that our entries will inspire you to help our friendly community. Hazard is a really nice place, but it needs a lot of help from noble volunteers like you! If you do decide to join us once again (or for the first time), I am sure you will enjoy it. In fact, to infringe on the Men's Wearhouse slogan, "I guarantee it".

-John "New Boy" Rasche.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2008   June 2009   July 2009   August 2009   April 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   October 2010   November 2010   December 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   April 2011   May 2011   June 2011   August 2011   September 2011   March 2014  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]